Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm Not Flirting. It's Business.

Great.  The VIP I mentioned in my "Sunday Not-so-Fun Days" post is back; with his son and his daughter.. and a friend... and requested me.  I know I'm nice and all ... but it's my job.  Guess I was too nice the first time because he was back and wanted to sit in my section.  I don't know why this time their table was much easier to deal with than last time.  Maybe it was because I wasn't as busy today as the last time I waited on them, or maybe it was because I knew exactly what to expect.. probably the latter, or a little bit of both.  Still, I was very annoyed with the continuous ordering, the specialty sushi rolls, the extra sauces at every moment they could possibly ask for some and the VIP constantly asking me to join him with a glass of Domaine Chandon, when it's obvious I can't do that.  Not to mention they sat in my section for about two hours.  To make matters worse, at the end of the meal the VIP invited me to have beers with him "just as friends."  Hey buddy, I'm nice to you because I have to be, it's my job.  When they were gone and the 23 sauce plates were cleared, I do have to be thankful for my generous tip.   And I am.  So thank you Mr. VIP, I do appreciate it.  But I won't have a beer with you.

Like I said, it's business.

4 comments:

  1. its like a top 5 guy sin, confusing friendliness as sexual attraction.

    and hitting on 'the help', as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly, it's so true. How do we get the men of the world to acknowledge this and realize that most women are highly turned off by this behavior.

      On the flip side, I think this issue continues throughout the world because it actually WORKS every now and again. It's possible he catches a waitress on a vulnerable day and she says, "Sure. Why not! Let's grab that beer!" So to him it becomes a numbers game. If he hits on ALL of his servers, all the time, someone lonely woman will take that offer ...eventually.

      Perhaps both genders are the blame for this common phenomenon. But it still doesn't make it right.. in my opinion.

      (Thanks Rowdy for your comment)

      Delete
  2. If he show up again, you might start the encounter with a friendly "How's the missus today?" or ask one of the kids, "What's your Mommy up to this afternoon?". That should put a damper on his enthusiasm to hustle you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that would be hilarious! I might have to give that a try. Now THAT would make a story to write about for sure!

      I wonder what his response would be...

      Delete