Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Famous Encounter

I got lucky yesterday.

It was at the end of my day (and it was my Friday) and I just wanted to get out of there.  I was wrapping up my last few tables and beginning my side work, when all of a sudden, I see the famous actor who's been rumored to be staying at the hotel.  "Yes!"  I think to myself.  He came in on my shift!  He sat in a high top bar table with a friend along the sliding glass doors.  I was not his server, but somehow he got my name and called me over.  He immediately introduced himself and as I went to shake his hand, he pulled it in close and kissed the top of it.  Oh geese.  That was unexpected.  We said our hellos and I went about my job.  A few minutes went by and he called me over again.  This time to "ask me a question."  His friend tells me they have a bet going and they want to see who who's going to win.  His friend asks me if I have a boyfriend (seriously... how old are you?).  I replied, "Yes" with a big grin.  And the famous actor yelled, "I win!  I knew someone as beautiful as you wouldn't be single."  And then they proceeded to asked me where people "like me" hung out in downtown.  I tried to keep my cool and be as professional as possible without playing into his flirtatious tongue.  He probably made me blush a few times when he complimented my eyes and chatted over our love for Savingnon Blanc over Chardonnay because it has less sugar.  All the while I was thinking "Damn.. I wish he sat in my section.  I'd make bank off of this guy!"  After the third or fourth time he called me over, he put his arm around me to give me a hug and said, "This is all I need in life.  Hugs."  I giggled like a pre-teen in her crush's arms, gave him my Colgate smile and told him it was nice to meet him.  He told me he was staying at the hotel for two more days and that he'd be back.  I told him it was my Friday and that I wouldn't be there.  He acted highly disappointed (although acting is his profession).  Eventually he slowly strolled out of the restaurant, arm in arm with his friend, and flashed that million dollar smile back at me.  I sighed and took a deep breath.  Did that just really happen?

I have a feeling another female server will get lucky tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment