Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Really Lady?


I waited on these two ladies.  We’d been chit chatting about the military, the Mid-West and San Diego.  They seemed nice. 

That all changed in an instant. 

I greeted a table next to them and told them about happy hour specials because it had just started.  As I walked by my two ladies, one of them piped up, “You didn’t tell us about happy hour!”  I explained to her that it literally just started (as they were finishing their lunch).  They had clearly been there for over a half an hour already.  The lady looked at her watch and gave me the most disgusted look on her face. As I walked away I could hear her whispering to her friend.  Really?

What was I supposed to do?  Greet them and say, “Hi welcome.  If you sit here and not order anything for another half and hour happy hour will begin! “  Ummm.. no.  There is not one server out there who would say that.  Clearly that’s not what I tell anyone either.  That's absurd.  I might mention it five minutes before happy hour – definitely not 20-30 minutes before.  And if they were so preoccupied with a “deal,” then they should have asked me.  I would have gladly told them when happy hour started. 

The kicker:  she wrote a big fat “0” on the tip line. 

To not tip me out of spite for not telling her about happy hour under these circumstances is beyond ridiculous. 

Serving these type of people is beyond frustrating to say the least.

Oh the humanity... ~ HK ~

No comments:

Post a Comment